CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

"Sabbatical"...at least that's what I called it.

Sooo...it's been a while..yeah...not for lack of inspiration but I guess lack of courage.... Originally my sabbatical was going to be two weeks...Ha!...yeah...here we are three months later. Every time I'd start to write I'd get real nervous...I don't know why. Maybe it's that I overanalyze things...and fighting the "I'm not as cool as Jon Acuff " feelings are exhausting. I guess for fear of judgement or letting someone down...mostly God.
I've been thinking about that for a few weeks.. probably the amount of time I've been on my extended "Sabbatical". I realized God never stopped pouring things into me. I was the one who stopped sharing them...I was guilty of being that fat Christian....receive receive receive, and I wouldn't share...
The other day I was looking at my twitter and I got what Jon Acuff likes to call a "Jesus Juke". That put me over the edge and really made me step back and analyze why I started this blog. He wrote a blog entry about how our inspirations are useless unless we share them, no matter how awesome they are....wow.

"90% perfect and published always changes more lives than 100% perfect and stuck in your head." - Jon Acuff

Yea, that hit me like a freight train. Here I was with these ideas floating in my brain that I knew could bless someone and at the very least myself (there something therapeutic about writing) and I was keeping it all for myself (Fat Christian). I realized that was really selfish and cowardly of me and I’m sorry ya'll.

So, here's to not being a fatty and sharing what was given to me....lol. I can't promise I won't go on another sabbatical but I can promise to give you a heads up at least (If and when there is a next time).

A little late but I always say: better late than never..lol.

2 comments: