CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Psalm 40

I really wasn't planning on blogging today but the Lord had something else in mind.  It's funny because I woke up today the lyric from the song by Hillsong "Jesus the lover of My soul"(Listen Here)...I kept singing the part that says ''Jesus, the Lover of my soul, Jesus I will never let you go...you've taken me fromt the miry clay and set my feet upon the rock..."  I really didn't think much of it as I, more often than not, wake up with a song in my head.  (I know I've said it before but I really do feel sometimes that my brain is a juke box that just won't turn off...lol.) Anyways...lately I've been spending some time in the book of Psalms.  I've been feeling really encouraged in my walk with the Lord as I read the different triumphs and struggles that King David had in his walk with the Lord as he trusted in the Lord and reminded me to continue do so as well.  Even when it seems impossible.  I came across Psalm 40 this morning and I couldn't help but laugh because I could see that what I was reading was clearly greatly influemtial in the writing of the song that I had stuck in my head! The Lord put it in my heart as a reminder of the promises He's given me.  All I need do it is to wait patiently and trust in him.

"I waited patiently for the LORD;And He inclined to me, And heard my cry. He also brought me up out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my steps. He has put a new song in my mouth—Praise to our God; Many will see it and fear, And will trust in the LORD."- Psalms 40:1-3


Read the whole chapter :) It's an absolutely beautiful piece of writing.  You can see how king David felt even with the powerful status that he had as king of Isreal.  He gives ALL the praise to the Lord for everything that he has and everything that the Lord has done for him and Everything that the Lord will do....think about it...evertyhing that the Lord will do...wow. Another reminder that the best is yet to come! How great is it to have that kind of faith in the Lord. To know and believe that He will take care of us regardless of what we do or comes our way... He is the absolute lover of our soul, our saviour, and precious friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment