CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Hope. He IS Coming For Me.


Musical Muse : “C.S. Lewis Song” By Brooke Fraser

I’ve had this song in my head for a looong time (along with what seems like a million others) I feel like my brain’s a jukebox sometimes…lol. Anyways…

I always wondered how the title of this song applied to this song ‘till now. I did a little “googling” (it's funny how that’s become a verb now) action and found that the first verse of the song is a close paraphrase of a C.S. Lewis quote from the book Mere Christianity.

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."

This is the whole premise of the song. That we live in this world but we are not made for this world so we will hope and wait for the day of the Lord, which we are at the dawn of. I haven’t read the book personally but it’s on my list for sure now as this song is very dear to me. I feel this song embodies the way I feel lately. It absolutely hits the nail on the head for me. I feel as though the more I seek God the more I want to continue to know Him and seek Him. It expresses how one longs to be with the Lord, how nothing in the world satisfies, and how nothing can or will ever fill us like the Lord can. What a day that day will be; when Hope comes for me. :)

‘’I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in His word I put my hope’’– Psalms 130:5

So, I exhort you to: “Taste and See the Lord is Good’’– Psalms 34:8. What have you got to lose? I assure you you’ll never be the same.

Hope it touches your heart as much as it did mine. You can follow along with the lyrics below if your not familiar with the song. God Bless :)




C.S. Lewis Song Lyrics
If I find in myself desires nothing in this world can satisfy,
I can only conclude that I was not made for here
If the flesh that I fight is at best only light and momentary,
then of course I'll feel nude when to where I'm destined I'm compared

[Chorus]
Speak to me in the light of the dawn
Mercy comes with the morning
I will sigh and with all creation groan as I wait for hope to come for me

Am I lost or just less found?
On the straight or on the roundabout of the wrong way?
Is this a soul that stirs in me, is it breaking free, wanting to come alive?
‘Cause my comfort would prefer for me to be numb
and avoid the impending birth of who I was born to become

[CHORUS]

[BRIDGE]
For we, we are not long here
Our time is but a breath, so we better breathe it
And I, I was made to live, I was made to love, I was made to know You
Hope is coming for me
Hope is coming for me
Hope is coming for me
Hope, He's coming

[CHORUS]

No comments:

Post a Comment