CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Narnian Thoughts

Last weekend I went to the movies and saw part three of
The Chronicles of Narnia: The voyage of the Dawn Treader
The whole movie was awesome. I even cried.
There were two quotes from the movie(among the many many many great ones) that really resonated with me.
The first one was from a little mouse by the name of Reepicheep.  He was talking to a boy named Eustace who was having a difficult time in believing Narnia was real.

“We have nothing if not belief” -Reepicheep

There’s a lot of truth to that.  Without belief we don't have faith  Without faith we don’t have hope. Without either- we have nothing.  They are all interconnected and intertwined.  We cannot fully have one without the other. 

King Caspian (far right)
The second quote was said by King Caspian at the end of the movie when he was reflecting at the end of his “voyage” right in front of Asland country. (Asland Country is what I believe to be is C.S. Lewis’s version of heaven in the World of Narnia.) Caspian asked Asland if his father was in there and Asland responded that he could only find that our for himself by entering. But he advised him that if he entered he could never return. In the rush of emotion of knowing that he could see his father, King Caspian turned and started to walk to enter Ashland’s country but then stopped himself and thought for a moment. and then with tears in his eyes he said:

 “I’ve focused on what was taken, rather than what was given. I was given a kingdom”- Caspian

In king Caspian’s case he was longing to see his father, and was even willing to leave it all to satisfy that desire to see him but then he realized how that would only benefit himself. He realized that for the greater good he must stay and be King to his people-he was given a kingdom.

WOW! Yeah that stuck with me. Wow, so many times as believers we focus on all the things that we had in the “good” times of life and we forget the promise that God has given us when the going gets tough. He gave us His kingdom to be enjoyed with Him. He is sharing HIS kingdom with us because He loves us that much! Not because we deserve it but because of His grace...wow. I think sometimes we forget to look at all that we gain in Christ rather then what we “lose”. Many times that happens to us when we feel alone  because we’ve been ostracized by family and or friends for believing in Christ. But with God there’s always a silver lining…We are never alone. We must be faithful in our walk and believe that God will be with us ‘till the end when He says “Well done my child. Enter in and rest”
"Though my father and mother forsake me,
the LORD will receive me.
 Teach me your way, LORD;
lead me in a straight path
because of my oppressors.
Do not turn me over to the desire of my foes,
for false witnesses rise up against me,
spouting malicious accusations.
 I remain confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the LORD
in the land of the living.
Wait for the LORD;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the LORD." - Psalm 27:10-14

God is always with us. He will never leave us nor forsake us. He gave us His only son-He gave us Himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment