CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Devo Day EIGHT...My Reflections...

February 9, 2011
There are a few things that I’ve learned through all of this….
1.The Lord’s timing is not our timing. His ways are not our ways. His thoughts are REALLY NOT OUR THOUGHTS! (Jeremiah)


It’s not about the perfect fast, or the our “right timing”, but about the bigger picture. God has a plan for us and we cannot fathom it all. It’s just too great and too much for us to handle. Max lucado described it perfectly in this quote “Our hearts are like a Dixie cup and God is Niagra Falls”..God is just bigger and greater than we can literally handle….wow.


2. The Lord is calling His people to step up to the plate and really live those “balls to the wall” radical lives for Jesus. I saw how many distractions I was allowing to hinder me and how things that I once thought I “needed” were just distractions. That’s the enemy’s game…to keep us busy with the things that do not matter in the light of eternity….why does he do that?...because he is a hater. Remember this: Misery loves company.


3.God wants us to develop Character. Character that can go against the norm of this world and be a TRUE REBEL and go against the grain of this world…to be the change the world needs…like Jesus was.


4.He wants us to develop our faith. He wants us to know that “We have not because we ask not”…we need to remember that we serve the almighty himself and he CAN do ANYTHING better than we can ever hope or ask (Ephesians 3:20)…and all we need is to just believe and ask and declare in faith and not be deterred by thoughts of “ but what if God says no..” I say.. think about this…what if He says yes?...crazy! haha and remember that while living our lives for Christ we WILL be tested and attacked and that through all of that we need to develop that faith that is needed to withstand trials (Psalm 40)


5.And my personal favorite…I was reminded again of how powerful the tool of prayer is…That is they greatest offense tool the Lord has given us….We need to tap that power that God has given us, be diligent with it and we will see how powerful and CRAZY GOOD and SICK NASTY it really is.


At the end of the day all that matters is your heart…and how bad you want what God has for you. My brother so beautifully said in his reflections…(I’m paraphrasing) “This fast is the sort of thing that changes us. We cannot stay the same..we don’t wanna stay the same." It’s these experiences that the Lord uses to make beautiful things out of us…all for His glory. People should be able to look at us and say “how did you do that?!..or how did you succeed in that?!...you’re not good enough, your not qualified enough” and we should be able to say “you’re right I’m not good enough!! I don’t know enough!! But I got caught up in the grace of God and it has taken me further than what I ever imagined!”
So, my prayer is that we mediate on and be filled with the things in (Philippians 4:1-9) and not only that but that we continue to grow and change and be molded by Him, so that with each passing day we are more and more in His Likeness…until the day He says “Well done my child…enter in and rest”


So, until the next one…
I couldn’t have said it better myself…In the words of Paul to the Philippians: “I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue His work until it is finally finished…” (Philippians 1:6)


Be blessed y’all. Let’s do this! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment