CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Hungry I Come...

Musical Muse: Joy Williams: Hungry (Falling On My Knees)

"Hungry I come to you for I know...You satisfy.  I am empty but I know Your LOVE does NOT run dry..."



"Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled" - Matthew 5:6


I had this song in my heart the other day.  As I kept thinking about it I couldn't help but think about what it is to "hunger" in the spirit.  I know that we're all familiar with physical hunger but I kept thinking that there has to be some people that don't realize that without God that ''Empty" feeling that does not go away is a spiritual hunger. As humans we can try to fill it with all sorts of other things (kids, a career, hobbies, possessions, friends, and anything else you can imagine) but we must realize that God put that hunger in us so, it can only be filed BY Him.  Only He can satisfy that hunger in us as He is the one who created us with it because we were made to worship Him.
 "Seek the LORD while he may be found; call on him while he is near." - Isaiah 55:6




Hungry I come to You
For I know You Satisfy
I am empty but I know
Your Love does not run dry

So I'll wait for You
So I'll wait for You
I'm Falling on my knees
Offering all of me
Jesus You're all this heart
is living for.

Broken I run to You
For Your arms
are open wide
I am weary but I know
Your touch restores my life.

I'm falling on my knees
offering all of me
Jesus You're all this heart
is living for.

Hungry I come to You
For I know You satisfy
I am empty but I know
Your love does not run dry


No comments:

Post a Comment