CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

What's in a Name?...Lots and Lots Part Three: The Story


So...here she is.  The last and final chapter in this trilogy...lol.
Here are part ONE and TWO in case you need to get up to speed :)

I wanna start off by giving thanks to God. If it wasn't for Him who knows where I'd be. Thank You Jesus for who You are. For loving me when I was unlovable and continue to do so. I love you.

Sooo...once upon a time...nah just kidding...lol ;)

The term "God Given Cupcake" was originally coined by my cousin Lucy.  (You may remember her from my Rainbow Cake post.)  That was the name she gave to an experience that she and I had together a few years back. That makes her an eye witness to the event!...lol.

I want to buy this but I'm not sure if it's for sale...
This photo was taken by: Clare Judith Bowers
Check out her Etsy shop Here :)

The God Given Cupcake story is an example of the ''litte things" or reminders that the Lord gives to us in the midst of the chaos that surrounds us.

A friend of mine was throwing her daughter a "Spa Party" for her birthday.  She had invited my cousin and I to help her (along with a few of our friends) to be the "beauticians" for the little girls.  The party was exactly what one would imagine it to be.  A lot of make up, tiaras, glitter, nail polish and sugar...lol. Everything that matters to a little girl at that age ;) After all the girls were primped, pampered and all the rest; my friend decided it was time to pass out cupcakes.  By this time Lucy and I had been talking for a long time away from the rest of the group and did not realize that they started to pass out cupcakes.  When we finally realized that cupcakes were being passed out in the kitchen it was too late.  All the vanilla ones were gone. There were only chocolate cupcakes left.  (Now I know that doesn't sound like anything out of this world or you might be even saying "so what." In reality it's not a big deal but Lord knows I'm SUPER picky when it comes to chocolate cupcakes, so I usually don't eat store bought ones.  But if and when I do I always get vanilla.) Lucy and I were a little sad because we really wanted one but whatever.  We figured it wasn't meant to be and quickly got over it but we said "God, if only we could just one vanilla cupcake we could share it.  Just one." Everyone by now had come to the living room where we were at to eat their cupcakes.  We were just talking to everyone but something told us to get up and check the kitchen,  in case there happened to be one left.  We figured what the heck.  Let's give it a shot. We walked over to the kitchen in hopes of finding one and sure enough we did! Just one lonesome little vanilla cupcake; like we had asked!...lol.WE checked around and asked if it was anyones and everyone said it was not. It was just sitting there, waiting for us! :D We of course decided to share this God Given Cupcake, because after all... half of a cupcake was better then none at all. So just as Lucy was in the middle of cutting it.  I said "if only we could just get one more, that would really be awesome!" I said this as we were about to take the first bite of our halves.  As I am finishing my sentence my friend  walked over to us and handed us another vanilla cupcake!!...lol.  We started to laugh hysterically and just stand in awe of God because no one had heard us ask for the vanilla cupcakes but He did. 

My life at the time was very dark and even though I was at the party I was very sad about where my life was and how it was changing because my marriage was ending.  I didn't know how the future was going to be or how my life would turn out. But right then and there the Lord reminded me that He hears me. He reminded me of His promise that no matter what; I was not alone because He would always be there and never forsake me. So this is my little labor of love to give back because the Lord has been more than faithful in my life and hopefully through this I can remind someone else that God loves them like He reminded me.

There is no place to low for the Lord to save you from. So, open your heart and delight yourself in the Lord. Open your eyes to see when He sends you those little reminders when the going gets tough along the way that say "I am here and I love you"...even if it is just a little vanilla cupcake. Remember "It's the little things" ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment